This is a Guest Post from : @organiclulula
A few years back I knew that as much as I liked myself, I wasn’t madly in love with myself. I could look in the mirror and find so many things to pick on myself about. I knew I was a good person but I struggled with feelings of jealousy and your general insecurities. I went to get a massage and the masseuse told me about how she gave herself self care massages every night. I was at a particularly low stage in my life and her words just connected with me. I knew that I needed to make self care my top priority, that I needed to love myself and put myself first now matter what. So I started a plan, I called it the “Totally in mad love with myself plan”.
This is what I purchased to make this happen:
1. Essentials oils I loved and a carrier oil (I used olive oil but fractionated coconut oil works great too).
2. A dry bush
3. Get headspace app
This is what I did daily:
1. Every morning I would take 5 minutes to dry brush myself. Starting from my feet in circular motions towards my heart (do not brush your face).
2. I recorded a video on my phone telling myself “I love you”. No matter the scenario, sweaty after yoga, walking down the street, crying over something – whenever the moment came to mind I picked up my phone and recorded.
3. Every morning I meditated. This I now at 100% positive is the ultimate most important thing you can do for yourself.
4. Every Evening I spent 15 minutes massaging myself with oils. I started from my feet in circular motions always moving towards my heart. I would make sure that I put myself in a mind frame of love – telling myself how much I loved myself and treating myself as the love of my life.
Here is a great resource on self massage: The Benefits of Ayurveda Self-Massage “Abhyanga”
5. At one point I started focusing on each body part. Spending days telling my feet how much I loved them, then my ankles, calves and so on.
It worked. It all worked. Now days I do some of these things here and there – expect mediation – that is a definite staple. I can still remember the feeling of how much I needed this. How much I needed to feel deep love and how desperately I wanted to connect with myself. Now – it’s second nature. Sometimes when I think how much I am truly madly in it deep with myself – it’s almost like a school girl crush – totally all consuming.
I realize now that it was the simple act of taking care of myself. The knowing that pampering myself, being kind to myself, fussing over me was something I always thought somebody else was suppose to do for me – now I know that it needs to come from me ALWAYS. If somebody else wants to fuss over me too great, BUT I don’t NEED it, all I need is the love I hold so deeply for me.
My mantra at this stage in my life is “I am enough”. It’s just what I need to remind myself everyday to stay on track and that loving myself is the upmost important thing I can do for every single living thing on this planet because when I’m connected to me I am my best for everyone.
If you are struggling at all, I know how you feel and I really hope that any of these tips help you get to where I am today because I can promise you that you are amazing and worth it.
How do you open yourself up to receive what the universe has for you?
Grab my free (but so powerful) online video series to help you open up to the true abundance of the universe using Goddess Currency.™