This is a biggie for many, well, for everyone these days. But we have to eat, and eating at home takes a bit of prepping, planning and some time. But it can be done.
If you need to plan, do so. Some people hate planning out, but have a general idea from one week to the next.
- Pick one or two days of the week and make ahead things like your rice, steel cut oats, granola, quinoa, beans and lentils you plan on having that week.
- Prep your veggies as soon as you bring them home – wash, chop, and put them in water in tupperware in your fridge, they’ll keep longer that way.
- Put your herbs in a glass with water in your fridge so they don’t go bad 5 minutes after bringing them home.
- Find out how to properly store your favourite foods so you increase their shelf life. (WH Foods is a great resource for that).
- Get creative with leftovers. If you have chicken, rice and broccoli for dinner, mix it up the next day for lunch or dinner and toss it all in a pan with some egg, tamari and additional veggies and make it a stir fried rice. Or make some brown rice pasta and add the leftovers to that.
- Roast a chicken (or buy one already roasted) and cut it up “asian style” which basically means cutting it into lots of smaller pieces.
- Pre-boil a bunch of eggs so you have them at the ready.
As you can see it’s all about prepping, planning and just getting it done. Nobody has time anymore but we all gotta eat. I think we can all agree eating at McDonalds may be convenient but it’s not how we want to nourish ourselves or our family every day.
Tell me your tips and tricks below.
How do you open yourself up to receive what the universe has for you?
Grab my free (but so powerful) online video series to help you open up to the true abundance of the universe using Goddess Currency.™