It’s important for us to help our body detoxify itself on the regular. Doing a detox or cleanse a couple times a year is fine, but there are simple things you can do every day to keep your body in tip top shape throughout the year so that if you do end up doing a cleanse, you don’t feel like death on it because the toxins are leaving your body too fast for your bod to cope.
Doing these things every day is more effective than cutting sugar for a few weeks because it covers all areas of detoxifying your body. Cutting back on refined sugar is definitely a great strategy if you have too much of it, but it’s not the only strategy and won’t get you all the results. For that, you need patience and a toolkit.
Detoxing involves our liver and complex pathways, and in order for those pathways to be supported we need certain foods and supplements to help it along, today I’ll go through some of these things that can help that along on a daily basis.
One important thing to note however, if you’re not pooping every day you need to get that going STAT. Pooping and peeing, and sweating, are our bodies way of detoxing itself. If you’re not doing those things regularly (holding your pee, not drinking water cause you don’t want to pee, not moving your body and not pooping daily), you are building up a toxic body system internally.
To easily detoxify every day, do these 5 things:
- Lemon Water – having a warm glass of lemon water every day helps open up digestive detoxification pathways.
- Dry Skin Brushing – this helps move along your lymphatic system which is your immune system! Doing it every day keeps you healthy and detoxify from within.
- Deep breathing – our lungs are a detoxification station so doing some deep breathing helps to calm you down and also to detoxify from the inside out.
- Green drinks – anything green is highly alkaline, and cancer and disease can’t survive in an alkaline environment. This helps to detoxify our blood and
- Cruciferous Veggies – broccoli, cauliflower, kale all have something called indol-3-carbinol, a powerful compound that aids in detoxification of excess hormones in our body, especially estrogen. Too much estrogen in women can lead to PMS symptoms and cysts, and in men can lead to man boobs!
For more tips and to really get the most out of this experience grab this free guide on 7 ways to live better, look younger and feel healthier.
How do you open yourself up to receive what the universe has for you?
Grab my free (but so powerful) online video series to help you open up to the true abundance of the universe using Goddess Currency.™